Kullu nafsin dhaa’iqatul maut, Every soul shall taste death
In the event of a death in the community, please contact one of the members of the Ghusl, Kafan & Dafan committee.
Sadjadali Chatoo, 438-928-3985
Irshad Dhalla, 514-679-8751
Rehana Satchu, 514-826-0371
Yasmin Kanani, 514-984-4586
Please have the following information readily available on the deceased:
1. Name, Date and Place of Birth
2. Social Insurance Number
4. Name of Next of Kin, Telephone # and Relationship
5. Father’s Name and Mother’s Maiden Name
In addition to the above, you can expect to be asked the following questions:
1. Name and telephone # of a family member coordinating funeral arrangements
2. Does the deceased have any relatives who would like to assist in the ghusl
3. Did the deceased have his/her own kafan they wish to use, if so, please have it at the center when the body is brought for ghusl
4. Depending on time of death, when would you wish to schedule the burial
Additional information that you should be aware of:
1. Please remove any foreign objects that may be attached to the body including jewelry or other valuable. Seek assistance from the medical staff at the hospital to remove any tubes, wires, etc.
2. Please make sure the deceased is laid with feet facing Qibla, hands straightened, eyes and mouth closed and feet joined
Rideau Memorial 4275 Boul. des Sources Dollard-des-Ormeaux, QC H9B 2A6
Islamic Cemetery of Quebec 1099 Montée Masson, Laval, QC H7C 1S3
After the deceased has been buried, it is recommended to recite Salaatul Wahshat. This prayer can be performed at any time of the night, however, it is recommended that it be performed after the Isha prayer.
In the first rakat, Sura Al-Hamd followed by Ayatul Kursi (once).
In the second rakat, Sura Al-Hamd followed by 10 times Sura Al-Qadr.
After saying Salaam, recite: “Allahumma Salli Ala Muhammadin Wa Ale Muhammad, Wab’ath Thawabeha Ila Qabri … (mention the name of the deceased)”
Translation: This salaat is performed for sending its reward as a gift to the Marhum.